The Ireland India Institute at Dublin City University is looking for an Assistant Professor in Indian Politics
The Ireland India Institute at Dublin City University is looking for an Assistant Professor in Indian Politics / Indian Foreign Policy with a Fixed Term Contract Up to Three Years. Closing date for the application is 7th May 2018. The successful candidate will be linked to the Ireland India Institute while based in the School of Law and Government. Applicants for the position must have completed a doctoral qualification (or be close to submitting a PhD for examination) in politics, international relations or a related discipline. We define politics broadly including, but not limited to, gender studies, development studies and security/peace studies.
We expect the successful candidate will have a demonstrated expertise in an aspect of Indian politics or Indian foreign policy. They will have an excellent research and publications record, including either a monograph with a leading academic publisher or a track record of publication in well-ranked international journals. They must have experience of university teaching. The successful candidate should be capable of working in a team and of providing leadership both
in developing the teaching and research agenda within the School and also developing the research and public engagement profile of Ireland India Institute.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Teach onto modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
• Play an active role in the activities of the Ireland India Institute and in developing future
programmes of teaching, research and engagement within the Institute.
• Pursue an active research agenda with ongoing research publications in leading
international academic journals and with high profile book publishers, both individually
and, where appropriate, in collaboration with colleagues in DCU and elsewhere
• Supervise postgraduate research students.
• Maintain existing and develop new relations with external partners of the Ireland India
• Participate actively in the School activities and contribute to the development of the
School’s profile in teaching and research.
• Undertake administrative duties related to the position.
Salary Scales: Assistant Professor:
Assistant Professor / Lecturer above bar: €51,671 – €82,217* Assistant Professor / Lecturer below bar:
€38,736 – €53,251* * Appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and will
be made on the appropriate point of the Lecturer Above or Lecturer Below salary scale in line with
current Government pay policy.
Further information: More information on the School and the Ireland India Institute, including
specific areas of research expertise and details of taught programmes, may be found at:
https://www.dcu.ie/law_and_government and http://irelandindia.ie/
Closing date: 7th May 2018
Please do not send applications to this email address, instead apply as described below. Application
Procedure: Application forms are available from the DCU Current Vacancies (Open Competitions)
website at http://www4.dcu.ie/hr/vacancies/current.shtml and also from the Human Resources
Department, Dublin City University, Dublin 9. Tel: +353 (0)1 700 5149; Fax: +353 (0)1 700 5500 Email:
Please clearly state the role that you are applying for in your application and email subject line: Job
Ref 851 Assistant Professor in Indian Politics / Indian Foreign Policy
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax: +353 (0)1 700 5500 or
by post to the Human Resources Department, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland.
- Agenda for Third Annual Conference on South Asia 2019
- Third Annual Conference on South Asia
- Marginalisation Across Cultures: Dalit Women in India and Traveller Women in Ireland
- Keynote Speaker for Third Ireland India Institute Conference on South Asia 2019
- Keynote Speaker for Third #iii2019 Conference on South Asia